[windows2000] Re: Using KIXtart to update HOST files??

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:29:15 +0000

If you just want to add lines, it should be a simple case of opening
the file for writing, writing the line out and closing it..

Something like-
IF Open($handle, "path/to/hosts/ive/forgotten", 4) = 0
    Writeline($handle, "192.168.0.1          somecomputer" + @CRLF)
ENDIF

KiX isnt really that great at editing lines in a text file however.
Removing them would be rather trickier! You'd have to read through
each line, checking to see if its the one you want, skipping it if it
is and carrying on writing the rest back out..!

Andrew