[windows2000] Re: Terminal Server Sizing

  • From: "Ed" <elf@xxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:55:59 -0700

Being a Citrix person... I would calculate about 50 to 75K per simultaneous
user in addition to about 384 meg for the base OS operations. The citrix web
site has a white paper somewhere on it. However, I think they underrate the
user memory a lot to increase the sales.

On the TheThin.net list (also run by Jim K - same as this one), you will
find that most people state one server 2 processor 1 gig mem for about 40 to
80 people (of course there is room for debate here and always be). Do...for
300 people...8 or so processors with 8 or so gigs.

How big is your custom database?

We run 80 simultaneous users on one 4 processor (XEON) 4 gig machine dual
NICS teamed with a separate printer server to handle printing and famous
printer spooler problems. Educational applications (small animations with
some sound.

I hope some of this helps.

Eduard L. Frerking
Captain Jason M. Dahl School