[windows2000] Re: Several Static IP Address and Linksys Route r

  • From: "Randall Yoo" <randallyoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:04:46 -0700

What you're wanting to do is to create a bunch of one-to-one NAT's (or, IP
Mappings).  With simple NAT router like Linksys, I don't think this is
possible - it'll only do port-forwarding.  You'll need to get a real
firewall and there are many good ones for SOHO.  Cisco routers can be
config'd to do packet-filtering, but an appliance firewall is recommended
(due to built-in features, ease of config, price, etc).

Randall