[windows2000] How do I go from a multi-boot system to a single boot system?

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rjfalanga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Windows 2000 List'" <WINDOWS2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:01:57 -0600

I did have Windows 2000 Pro on my machine, and then several months back,
I installed Windows XP Pro.  Now the Win2K installation is dead, but it
still appears when I boot up the machine.

I've found the BOOT.INI file, and seen the lines in it which specify
which OS to go to for the default OS.  I want to go to a single OS
bootup situation.  What do I do about lines like "timeout=15" and
"default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS"?

Rod