[windows2000] Re: Security Event ID 560

  • From: "Schneider, Robert" <Robert.Schneider@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:56:09 -0400

Phillip,
 I went to this site prior to sending message to freelist. The GPO
configuration, Audit the access of global system objects policy, click
Disabled under Local Policy,
Did not fix the problem, 560s keep writing. Any other ideas? It seems if you
enable Audit Object Access, the 560s (Audit Failures) are written to the
Security Event logs. Microsoft claims 'no user action required', yet on this
system the logs fill up in short time! This is a problem, and I would like
to know why so many are written.
Thanks in advance,
Bob

Bob Schneider