[windows2000] Re: SSL on a server pointed at by ISA

  • From: "Tony Lyne" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:13:11 +1200

The SSL certificate is generally bound to the FQN of the web server or website.
So for example if you wanted to secure a web site called transaction.home.com
then you would have a cert bound for that web site.

If youre going to be keeping on the Microsoft track for security (ISA Server)
look at upgrading to 2004. This will give you much better capabilities,
especially if you cannot get any additional IP addresses from your ISP.

Tony.

        From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        [mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rod Falanga
Posted
        At: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 9:48 AM Posted To: Windows 2000
        Conversation: SSL on a server pointed at by ISA
        Subject: [windows2000] SSL on a server pointed at by ISA

        At my company, our website is basically just brochure-ware.  However,
we're
        getting ready to implement a new website for business partners to use,
and
        this must be put on secure sockets layer.  The web site will likely be
        hosted on one of our servers behind our firewall, which at the moment is
        still ISA.

        My question is, do we put the SSL certificate on the server hosting the
        website, or do we put it on the ISA server?

        Rod