[windows2000] Re: SSL on a server pointed at by ISA

  • From: Daryl Ehrenheim <d.ehrenheim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:39:37 -0700

Ours is on the web server as well behind the firewall. I think the consensus
is to place it on the iis server.

Daryl S. Ehrenheim
Bargreen Ellingson IT Support

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rod Falanga Posted
At: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 9:48 AM Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: SSL on a server pointed at by ISA
Subject: [windows2000] SSL on a server pointed at by ISA

At my company, our website is basically just brochure-ware.  However, we're
getting ready to implement a new website for business partners to use, and
this must be put on secure sockets layer.  The web site will likely be
hosted on one of our servers behind our firewall, which at the moment is
still ISA.

My question is, do we put the SSL certificate on the server hosting the
website, or do we put it on the ISA server?

Rod