[windows2000] Re: SP3 - Spyware?

  • From: brian.hill@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:23:28 -0400

Great article.  Thanks.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: SewardAdmin [mailto:mwm@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 12:00 PM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] SP3 - Spyware?

Hi,

From all the information I can gather - Service Pack 3 (sp3) for Windows2000
contains Microsoft's Legal Spyware software - that has the following:

1)  Check if you are legal
2)  Terminate the software useless if you are illegal
3)  Current research - shows that this feature is currently off, but they
can turn it on at will.  However, they are monitoring who is installing the
software and what license is being used.

And - in the future - Microsoft has gathered enough rights - via the law to
also:

3)  Terminate Your Windows2000 once it is no longer supported - if you are
connected to the internet and using SP3.  No Search Warrant ?

I also hear this has been implemented in XP as well with their latest
service pack!  Who knows what other features that Microsoft has implemented
within this or future service packs.

I'm not a M$ basher, nor do I care to be.  I use the software - just like
most of you do - legally.

However - for an interesting - bias'd - read - take a look at the following
link - when you have time to read it!  It's very long and detailed about the
history and future of Microsoft!

http://www.aaxnet.com/editor/edit029.html

Regards
Mike