[windows2000] Renaming Admin account

  • From: "Christoph Puetz" <cpuetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:46:53 -0700

Hello everyone

I have a question about Active Directory. Group Policy offers the option
to change the Admin Account Name. What exactly does that do? I mean -
does this only change the admin account in the domain or also the local
admin account on the local machines if they are in the OU that the
policy applies to? Where's the exact difference to just renaming the
admin account in the AD Users and Computer console?

Thanks for any help!

Christoph