[windows2000] Problem solved (Was: Need a quick answer regarding Excel)

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:04:27 +0200

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:50:22 -0400, Jeff Stockard wrote:

>I am not sure if the Alt + C worked, but if you press Alt + V, that will
>bring up the View Menu.  Then you can click Toolbars and get the rest
>back.

It helped with Alt-V, but unfortunately I didn't see this mail
until after I already fixed it. 8-) Thx though. Much appreciated!

After checking on

>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q211/4/81.ASP&NoWebContent=1

as suggested in a previous mail, I tried the /s-switch, and excel
did show up with the toolbars, but it did not save that state
afterwards.

I then got an idea based on what the article said about settings
saved, and looked in the user's application
data\microsoft\excel-folder. There I renamed the excel.xlb-file to
excel.xlb.bak and started excel the normal way (with all other
office apps closed).

Now the toolbars were there, and the state was saved. However, any
extra toolbars the user might have had before, are now lost. At
least I don't know how to bring back those.

Thx all for a quick response!

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 3 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: excessive collisions & not enough packet
ambulances