[windows2000] Possible Permissions/Security Problem

  • From: "Stephen Taylor" <Stephen.Taylor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:55:23 +0000

Hi There

I have a W2K SP4 Pro system which I have just added to our NT4 domain.
When an ordinary user logs on with normal user or power user permissions
the user can't run some apps,
and also gets an error message when trying to copy files from network
drives to local or other network drives.
The error message is "Cannot copy file as source file may be in use...."

I have removed the system from the domain and added it back in again, tried
refreshing the local security template.
There are no error messages on the event logs on both the local pc and the
domain controllers and
can't find anything yet on MS knowledge base site.

Has anyone seen something similar or know of a fix?

Many thanks in advance.

Stephen

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended or authorised
recipient please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of
this message