[windows2000] Re: Port Redirection (forwarding)

  • From: Jon Spriggs <jon.spriggs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:47:43 +0000

On 11/11/05, Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a Terminal Server that uses port 443 due to some special software
> we have installed that integrates with our database and allows our
> customers to log in remotely.  I'd like to use this same server to also
> run some local thin clients.  I'm using PXES for the thin clients, and
> it defaults to port 3389.  Changing the PXES port would be extremely
> time consuming.  Does anyone know an easy way to set it up on the server
> so that anything sent to port 3389 is automatically redirected to port 443?
If you don't mind doing a bit of software jiggery pokery...

Install CopSSH Server (from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=69227&package_id=127780)
or SSHWindows (from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=103886&package_id=111688).

Once you've got that installed OK (you'll need to run the mkuser and
mkgroup commands then restart the openssh service), download the PuTTY
installer (from
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html) and
install it.

Create a id key using puttygen and then save it to the c:\documents
and settings\username\.ssh\authorized_keys

Finally, use the plink command to create the loop back to the local port.

plink -N -L localport:hostname:remoteport -i keyfile username@hostname

for example:

plink -N -L 3389:localhost:443 -i c:\keys\puttygen.key termservclient@localhost

Hope that helps :)