[windows2000] Re: Port Redirection (forwarding)

  • From: Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:12:00 -0800

Ah, cool thanks.

Chris Berry
chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Information Advisory Manager
JM Associates

“If you have a strong enough why you can bear almost any how.” --Nietzsche

Jon Spriggs wrote:
On 11/11/05, Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a Terminal Server that uses port 443 due to some special software
we have installed that integrates with our database and allows our
customers to log in remotely.  I'd like to use this same server to also
run some local thin clients.  I'm using PXES for the thin clients, and
it defaults to port 3389.  Changing the PXES port would be extremely
time consuming.  Does anyone know an easy way to set it up on the server
so that anything sent to port 3389 is automatically redirected to port 443?

If you don't mind doing a bit of software jiggery pokery...

Install CopSSH Server (from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=69227&package_id=127780)
or SSHWindows (from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=103886&package_id=111688).

Once you've got that installed OK (you'll need to run the mkuser and
mkgroup commands then restart the openssh service), download the PuTTY
installer (from
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html) and
install it.

Create a id key using puttygen and then save it to the c:\documents
and settings\username\.ssh\authorized_keys

Finally, use the plink command to create the loop back to the local port.

plink -N -L localport:hostname:remoteport -i keyfile username@hostname

for example:

plink -N -L 3389:localhost:443 -i c:\keys\puttygen.key termservclient@localhost

Hope that helps :)