[windows2000] Re: Ping

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 07:39:32 -0400

Huh?

Ping is icmp/ip (no tcp).  So only link level fragmentation (MTU issues)
could possibly occur.  If the return was incomplete, the ip packet would
never be sent to icmp so that should look like a lack of return.  If still
in doubt, set the size on the ping to something smaller (the size value is
the payload within icmp so add about 25 to get the IP packet size).

tim