[windows2000] Office 2000 GPOs not applying

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 11:33:45 +0200

Hi,

I've created a GPO to better control how Office 2000 behaves
(specifically Outlook 2000), by adding the relevant adm-templates to a
new GPO, and then setting them to my liking. Finally I've linked this
GPO to our domain.

Now, it would seem that only some settings are getting through to the
users for whatever reason.

When I run a GP modeling and results I see that the GPO is properly
getting trough to my test user.

I did this on a WinXP SP2 computer, with Office 2000 installed,  and
also checked that the GPO is visible on our DCs running Win2k3 SP1. Also
the ADM-templates seem to have been properly transferred to the DCs (I
think they are copied to the DCs from the workstation after I create the
GPO, correct?).

Would anybody know anything about why the policy is failing to properly
apply?

Thanks in advance.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer  Web: http://pharm.orgfarm.uu.se/pc/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,  Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >3 signals> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# Box 574, Uppsala University,  Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden     Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#