[windows2000] Re: Off Jim Kenzing's list question

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:47:06 +0200

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:40:31 -0400, mmahnkey@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Ray, this is my new job, and they seem to have blocked TweakUI from
>running.  I can install, but when I try to run, I get a dialog box that
>the admin has blocked it.  Can't find it in the registry, so it must be
>a group policy.  Is there a way to get around this, without involving
>out anal-rentntive IT folks, who think everyone is a clueless newbie?

There is usually a reason why "anal-rentntive IT folks" lock down
the computers for users...

Usually admins lock down computers in order to keep the computers
running as stable as possible, since users have a tendency to do
things that might not be advantageuos for the system as a whole,
thus minimizing maintenance and re-ghosting etc.

IMNSHO users are at times less than ignorant, and most of the time,
just plain ignorant...

* I mean this in a none-demeaning way mind you. *

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\