[windows2000] Re: OT:" save as" drop down box painfully slow

  • From: Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:45:42 -0700

Joanne Determann wrote:

My users are complaining that the "save as " drop down box is very slow
to browse . I agree! Sometimes they get a "not responding " and then a
response. In the past disconnecting defunct drive mappings would help,
but no longer.

Anyone have any ideas? 2003 DC and mostly 2000 file servers. Wired or
wireless it makes no difference.

This is probably not your problem, but when had something similiar happen a while back. It turned out no one had be defragging the file server, EVER, and it had gotten so bad the drive lag was the limiting factor.

chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Information Advisory Manager
JM Associates

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." --Noam Chomsky