[windows2000] Re: OT Reinstalling MSSQL2000

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:23:38 +0000

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:02:09 -0000, Angus Macdonald
<angus.macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can live with that. There aren't very many and they've all been working
> quite happily on US settings 'til now. It's this incoming database that
> complains.

Hmm.. I'd probably have a go at removing SQL, remove the Master db
files, reinstall and patch up. Keep a copy of the master files just in
case though :) (Could even play it safe and try a pure reinstall over
all the files!)

I'm not 100% sure where SQLServer keeps the login details after my
changeover from MSDE to SQL - you might have to do a bit of
maintenance inside the system after..

Andrew