[windows2000] Re: OT Reinstalling MSSQL2000

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:39:39 -0000

You can change the default language but that doesn't seem to change anything
significant in the actual system itself. All I can say for sure is that it
changes the language displayed to the user. Any new objects created in the
database default to the original system setting.

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:52:45 -0000, Angus Macdonald
<angus.macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of my (now departed) colleagues setup our MSSQL2000 server a while
back.
> Unfortunately he set it up on a fresh Windows 2000 installation with the
> wrong regional settings, with the result that the MSSQL server also has
the
> wrong regional settings. This only came to light when an MSSQL7 database
> refused to migrate properly to the MSSQL 2000 box, so I now have to fix
it.

When you say the wrong regional settings - what do you mean? You can
change the default language using the enterprise manager..?

Andrew

Gallai'r e-bost yma gynnwys gwybodaeth gyfrinachol a/neu ddeunydd hawlfraint.
Os ydych chi'n meddwl eich bod wedi derbyn yr e-bost yma drwy gamgymeriad rydym
yn ymddiheuro am hyn; peidiwch os gwelwch yn dda â datgelu, anfon ymlaen,
printio, copïo na dosbarthu gwybodaeth yn yr e-bost yma na gweithredu mewn
unrhyw fodd drwy ddibynnu ar ei gynnwys: gwaherddir gwneud hynny'n gyfan gwbl a
gallai fod yn anghyfreithlon. Rhowch wybod i'r anfonwr fod y neges yma wedi
mynd ar goll cyn ei dileu.

Mae unrhyw safbwynt neu farn a gyflwynir yn eiddo i'r awdur ac nid ydynt o
anghenraid yn cynrychioli safbwynt neu farn Ymddiriedolaeth GIG Gogledd
Orllewin Cymru.

Gallai cynnwys yr e-bost yma gael ei ddatgelu i'r cyhoedd o dan Gôd Bod yn
Agored y GIG neu Ddeddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 2000.  Nid oes modd gwarantu
cyfrinachedd y neges ac unrhyw ateb.

Bydd y neges yma ac unrhyw ffeiliau cysylltiedig wedi cael eu gwirio gan
feddalwedd canfod firws cyn eu trosglwyddo.  Ond rhaid i'r sawl sy'n derbyn
wirio rhag firws ei hun cyn agor unrhyw ymgysylltiad.  Nid yw'r Ymddiriedolaeth
yn derbyn unrhyw gyfrifoldeb am unrhyw golled neu niwed a allai gael ei achosi
gan firws meddalwedd.

This e-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright material.  If
you believe that you have received this e-mail in error please accept our
apologies; please do not disclose, forward, print, copy or distribute
information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to
do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please inform the sender
that this message has gone astray before deleting it.

Any views or opinions presented are to be understood as those of the author and
do not necessarily represent those of the North West Wales NHS Trust.

The contents of this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under the NHS
Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000.  The confidentiality
of the message and any reply cannot be guaranteed.

This message and any attached files will have been checked with virus detection
software before transmission.  However, recipients must carry out their own
virus checks before opening any attachment.  The Trust accepts no liability for
any loss or damage, which may be caused by software viruses.