[windows2000] Re: OT - Internet Access

  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:08:11 -0500

It is hard to say what they are doing. I have noticed that for business use at
a core location dsl/cable connections do not provide the bandwidth consistancy
desired. They work great for remote/small offices and home users. Put in an
internet t-1 at your core and you should see marked improvement in the
connections.

Here, for redundancy we have multiple t-1's in the core, and for remote users
they can connect on either dialup or vpn from home if their office is down.

Sounds like ATT is feeding a line. The broadcasts are likely eating their
bandwidth.