[windows2000] OT- Files Embedded in Excel

  • From: Michael Hauck <MichaelH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:55:53 -0500

Here's the situation...

Win2000
OfficeXP

This is a little off topic but maybe someone can give me an idea how to fix
this.

We have an engineer who uses a program called Drafix to create schematics
and embeds them in Excel spreadsheets. Recently he installed a program
called AutoSketch (by AutoDesk). The purpose of installing the new program
was to be able to look at .cad files from outside vendors. The problem is,
when he goes into Excel to modify the Drafix schematic AutoSketch opens and
not Drafix.

When I look at the file extension associations all is well. Each program is
set to open it's own files. I believe one issue may be that AutoSketch can
open Drafix files but not the other way around.

Is there a Reg setting I can change that would fix this?

Michael Hauck
Network Administrator
HiRel Systems