[windows2000] Re: New Server installation

  • From: Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:53:11 -0700

Technically on a VPN you don't even need it to have AD, but to be safe making it either a child or additional DC is probably the way to go.

Chris Berry
chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Information Advisory Manager
JM Associates

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all." --Peter Drucker

Mauricio Fernandez wrote:
I need to set up my first remote Server which will be used like a
FileServer.

I know that I’ll need to create a VPN connection between my local and
remote server, but I am no sure which kind of AD should I install on the
remote server. Should I create a child domain? Or a new domain? Or an
additional domain controller for the same domain?.

The remote server will be directly connected to the internet (behind of a
firewall).

TIA

Mauricio Fernández S.

IT Manager