[windows2000] Re: New Server installation

  • From: Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:53:11 -0700

Technically on a VPN you don't even need it to have AD, but to be safe making it either a child or additional DC is probably the way to go.

Chris Berry
Information Advisory Manager
JM Associates

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all." --Peter Drucker

Mauricio Fernandez wrote:
I need to set up my first remote Server which will be used like a

I know that I’ll need to create a VPN connection between my local and
remote server, but I am no sure which kind of AD should I install on the
remote server. Should I create a child domain? Or a new domain? Or an
additional domain controller for the same domain?.

The remote server will be directly connected to the internet (behind of a

Mauricio Fernández S.

IT Manager

Tel. 591- 445-25160

Fax. 591- 441-15056

Cochabamba - Bolivia

New Site from The Kenzig Group!
Windows Vista Links, list options and info are available at:
***************************** To Unsubscribe, set digest or vacation