[windows2000] Netmeeting Remote Desktop Sharing for user support

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:44:30 +0100

Hi all,

I took a win2k3 intro course quite recently, and the teacher who
held it said that Netmeeting can be used much like the TSC, but
between workstations, as oppsoed to client to server for admin
purposes.

Now, I enabled Netmeeting and the remote desktop sharing feture,
and found that it was quite ok.

The concern however is the security. VNC that I used before to
remotely support my users has no security/encryption/whatever out
of the box.

My question is therefore, does Netmeeting have any security except
for the screensaver thingie and the need to logon with a valid
account on the remote box. Like encryption for instance? I can't
seem to find it in the docs for netmeeting.

Any help and/or hints would be much appreciated! Thx.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: Operators killed by year 2000 bug bite.