[windows2000] Re: Need a quick answer regarding Excel

  • From: "Tim Mangan (new)" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:33:08 -0400

Consider ESC key

-----Original Message-----
From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sorin Srbu
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 9:42 AM
To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Need a quick answer regarding Excel

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:35:12 -0500, Jensen, Douglas wrote:

>I tried several things and could not get the menu to go away.  It can
>be moved off the top of the window.  Are you sure it is not just
>floating around somewhere?  They might be able to find it and drag it
>back.  If not, you need to figure out what they did to get the menu to
>disappear so they can reverse the steps to get it back again.

Neither could I on my admin-workstation...

The user off course doesn't remember what she did (anybody surprised?), and
I didn't see any menu floating around. It might have been hidden off-screen,
didn't check though.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web:
http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 3
signals >> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46
(0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail # /\ # # Harmless tagline
follows:
#
# BOFH excuse follows: Stale file handle (next time use
Tupperware(tm)!)