[windows2000] Re: NT 4 Server, Win 2K Pro, Mandatory Profile?

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:45:38 -0400

I am not sure what the right answer is but here is what I do to get the =
"base" profile all of my mandatory profiles are based on. =20

on the workstation, bring up the system properties and go to the "User =
Profiles" Tab.  Select the profile you want to make mandatory and click =
"Copy To".  Click the browse button to save it where you can find it =
again and then change permissions in "Permitted to Use".  Just make it =
for Everyone.  Copy that .dat file to the user's roaming profile path =
and rename it .man.

Greg