[windows2000] Re: Move Exchange

  • From: Daniel Ensor <densor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:46:58 -0000

Gunnar

Have you read the instructions for using eseutil? The program creates a temp
db which obviously is the same size or can be larger than the original. At
the command line the best thing, if your short on space is to use a spare PC
or server(obviously faster) with some space, map a drive to a new folder
called EXCHTEMP on the server, then run the util with the path for the temp
db in the cmd line as a switch (can't remember which one I think it could be
/t but check!!).

Now what you need to do first is delete the temp db it has created?
Then run with a network share as above and you'll be fine.

Does that make sense to you?
Cheers
Dan