[windows2000] Re: MS Excel 2000 problem

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:21:32 -0700

This is a stab in the dark, but doesn't Excel have some sort of feature
that will basically create another document in order for you to not
screw up the original? In other words, if you make a mistake in doc1.xls,
you'd still have the original doc.xls.

I have Office2k, but it's not installed, so I can't test this theory.

On Wed, 23 May 2007 14:00:57 -0700, Chris Berry
<chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> took time to say the following:

> I have a user who everytime she opens a spreadsheet it gives it an
> alternate name.  For example, when opening PayPerCure_Inventory.xls it
> shows up as PayPerCure_Inventory1.xls  This is not the desired behavior,
> does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> --
> Chris Berry
> chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Information Advisory Manager
> JM Associates
>
> "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we
> don't believe in it at all." --Noam Chomsky
>
> http://thethin.net/win2000list.cfm

When a computer dies, does it see a blue screen?