[windows2000] Re: Is it necessary to make a VPN connection, before making a TS (or RDC) connection?

  • From: S Hoyle <slymax454@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

If your TS server has a public IP, then you can just go straight to TS without
using VPN. Sly

Rod Falanga <rfalanga@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Yesterday I attended a local Microsoft launch event for Windows 2003 =
Server.
One of the more interesting things for me was Terminal Services. =20

However, this raises a rather basic question for me. When setting up
external clients to access our network we have first set up a VPN
connection, and then had them go into the Terminal Services Client, in =
order
to bring up a TS session. Is it necessary for them to first get a VPN
connection? Or can they just bypass the VPN connection and use TS right
off?

Rod