[windows2000] Re: Is it necessary to make a VPN connection, before making a TS (or RDC) connection?

  • From: "Carson Tu" <ctu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:43:22 -0400

My experience is that, you can publish TS via ISA server, (If you use =
that. That is my case) But you need to change the listening port of your =
published server. I maked this worked when the internal server is on the =
same subnet of internal NIC of ISA. But I had trouble when internal =
server is on off-subnet IP of internal NIC of ISA. I didn't bother to =
fix it. Because lately, I believe setup VPN connection before TS is a =
better solution, which is more secure and you don't have to bothering =
change listening port of server and TS client.

Carson