[windows2000] Installing Office Sharepoint Designer 2007 on WinXP x64

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:09:25 +0100

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Office Sharepoint Designer 2007 on WinXP x64, but
according to the eventlog, it barfs up on installing the Web folders update,
aka "Rosebud", at which point the installer rolls back the things it did
manage to install and then pops up an "error encountered" window and exits.

Manully installing Rosebud doesn't work, it says it must be installed via the
provided setup.exe.

Googling for this problem only shows that there are more ppl than me having
the same problem, although on 32b windows.

I've tried to do the basic stuff, like using windows install cleaner to remove
anything pointing to sharepoint and so on to no avail. I've even tried to use
Nirsoft's Myuninstaller to get rid of anything Sharepoint Designer, and it
diod reveal some interesting hidden stuff, but I still can't install this
beast.

Funny thing is, I had Sharepoint Designer run on this x64 machine, but at one
point the program crashed and after that I was never able to start it again.

More info: Running a fully patched WinXP SP2 x64 install, Office 2003 is
installed and fully patched as well. Everything is tiptop as far as I can
tell.

Anyway, insights and feedback are welcome. I'm kinda' stumped on how to fix
this.  TIA.
--
BW,
        Sorin