[windows2000] Re: ISCSI with SATA drives ?

  • From: Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:29:24 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Berny,

I am just running thru setting up a virtual infrastructure, and was researching
iscsi as an option to host VM's. My understanding is that iscsi is scsi
commands over ip, but the storage array (SAN) disks would have to be scsi of
some sort, but maybe I have got it all wrong. I would be installing exchange
2003 and 2007, and possibly sql 2005, just as a test environment. Hear that
sinces these apps and block data apps, they are best used with SAN.