[windows2000] Re: IE6 changing the startup homepage

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:15:47 +0100

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:50:46 -0800, Chris Berry wrote:

>| Is there any reason for IE6 to change the GPO set intranet homepage
>| to the msn.com occasionally? Also removing the GPO set links in the
>| Favourites menu?
>|
>| It is set back to the intranet page after a few minutes. Clicking
>| the Home-button, only transfers me back to the MSN page.
>|
>| I've seen it a couple of times, and it seems like it does this
>| about every second or third day. And only on my admin workstation,
>| running WinXP SP1.
>|
>| This is truly weird. Anybody whod know why this is??
>
>No, but we've had similiar trouble on our win2k machines.  I had thought
>it was a configuration problem left over from when the previous admin
>was here.

Hmm... That would be me in this case. 8-)

Did you ever find out what was wrong/misconfigured?

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals
>> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University              Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\
#
#
# Harmless tagline follows:
#
# If it wasn't backed-up, then it wasn't important. ¡ The
sysadmin's moto.