[windows2000] How to stop explorer windows opening in a new window?

  • From: "Chris McEvoy" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:24:12 -0000

I have an address bar on my task bar that I use to launch local folders
and web addresses.  If I enter a local folder or drive, an explorer
window pops up as expected.  Annoyingly though, if I click any of the
folders, they open in a new window.  I have the 'open folders in the
same window' option set.  This doesn't happen if I type a drive from the
run box.

Any ideas?  My freshly installed PC at home doesn't do this!