[windows2000] Re: Google Talk IM Beta

  • From: Jon Spriggs <jon.spriggs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:40:40 +0100

Rather than "unplugging" from IM, if you *need* internal IM tools, why
not use Jabber? It's Open Source and there are Windows based
implementations (http://www.jivesoftware.org/messenger/) that are free
plus... the clients are free and adware unencumbered, plus (as I
understand) it's more difficult to get viruses through it.

Jon

--
Jon "Four Star Gun" Spriggs AKA
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs