[windows2000] Re: GUID and remote registry change

  • From: "Puetz, Christoph" <christoph.puetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 12:36:05 -0600

Very very close. ;-) Here's the working syntax.

netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" dhcp register=primary

This works. Thanks for your help, Glenn. I really appreciate it.

Christoph

  _____

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Puetz, Christoph
Posted At: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 12:07 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] GUID and remote registry change
Subject: [windows2000] GUID and remote registry change

I need to turn on "Register this connection's addresses in DNS" in the
TCP/IP settings of all my client machines. Problem I am running into is that
this setting in the registry is always under a different GUID for the
interface under "CurrentControlSet". I am having difficulties specifying
this location via script. :-(

Any idea how I can change this setting on all my clients via script?

Thanks.

Christoph