[windows2000] Re: Friday Humor: Should I Red or Should I Blue?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:02:12 -0400

If only we had it so easy Sorin. : ) It is really quite a convoluted
system.  Voting age is 18 and
you must register if you want to vote.  If you move, change your name, get
married etc. you have to reregister.  When you come in to vote you must have
an id and your signature must match those in a voter registration book or
you get something called a provisional ballot that may or may not be counted
depending on verification.

The big problems here is that we are so vast and each city, county and state
have their own board of elections which is supposed to be neutral but often
times is controlled by one part or another depending on demographics.  And
as far as the presidential vote as we have seen in 2000 candidates are
elected by the electoral college, a group of superhumans I guess, who are
supposed to vote the way that their respected states voted but often don't.
As we saw in 2000 the Democrats had the popular vote of the people but the
Republicans still won the election because they won the electoral vote. This
very well could happen again.   Sort of makes you feel like why bother
voting at all. Sigh.

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com