[windows2000] Re: Favorite Anti-Spam software

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 11:23:19 -0700

From: "Ron Leach" <rleach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Good Morning,

My boss is finally tired of all the spam that he's receiving and wants me to do something about it.

What do you guys recommend for anti-spam, filtering, etc. ?

Here is what I'm doing with our new email server:

1) Use several conservative RBLs to block the serious confirmed offenders
2) Scan all incoming mail with spamassassin (with bayesian filter and vipul's razor modules installed) and score it.
3) Anything that scores over 3.0 is sent a TMDA confirmation message.

This seems to block pretty much everything. I have not yet recieved any spam in the inboxes of the new server.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"We are successful when our bosses wonder what it is we do all day." -- Tim Mullen

Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments. Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es