[windows2000] Eval of Virtual Server 2005 Available

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:37:18 -0400

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/evaluation/trial/
default.mspx

I went to a technet bring on Virtual server 2005 about a week or two ago.

This has some pretty cool features. Each VS has it's own bios so you could
set different time zones on one server for example.  There will be a utility
to migrate an entire server to a Virtual Server so you could take your
existing servers and make them a VS.   You can create several virtual Nic
within a VS and each one gets a Mac address! (don't know how the hell they
figured that one out) You can allocate system Memory per VS and also CPU
resources.

You need XP Pro or W2K3 server.

Cool stuff!

Regards,