[windows2000] Escape character or something in batch files?

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:48:50 -0400

Hi list,

Is there any kind of an escape character in batch file "programming" or
anything, like the way there is in things like Javascript where you precede
certain characters with a \ so they're taken the right way?  My batch has
this line in it:

If {%FIND_RESULT%}=={%KEY_UPDATE%} ...

The problem is that %FIND_RESULT% looks like this:

C-KEY24=MACRO JHIE

So, the batch interpreter gets confused by the = sign in there when it tries
to compare.  At least that's what it seems like it's doing, because I get:

=MACRO was unexpected at this time.

I don't think I'm really looking for an escape character here as much as I'm
looking for a way that I can make it not confused by the = sign.

Thanks a lot

Ray at work

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com