[windows2000] Re: Download Pick: AltDesk 1.8 PORTABLE is released!

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:18:32 -0700

Guess I could say the same. Sorta!  Just got back here to San Diego last
evening from Cleveland. Mom is in a nursing home and that is where she
will move on. <sigh>  So spent just under a week there. Seems like
everything East of 55th street is owned and/or operated by Cleveland
Clinic huh? What was also amazing is that they took over the Parker
Hannifin complex further east around the 170th street block of Euclid
Ave. :-O  Makes you wonder just who is paying for all of this? ;-)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:20:34 -0400, "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com"
<jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx> came up with this:

> Hi Guys,
> Back at home for a bit till I go back to the hospital for surgery. Here is my
> download pick of the week, I got this one from Gladiators software whose
> program Altdesk I absolutely adore. It lets you swap desktops in older OS's
> ala Vista. They have released a PORTABLE version. This is great for me, put
> it on the key walk up to a users desktop who has a ton of apps running, plug
> in the key, run up altdesk and switch to a clean desktop, do your stuff and
> then switch back to their desktop and stop Altdesk, their apps stay intact
> and it makes you look like a guru... very cool! Lots of skins available too!
> See below for info:
>
> Dear Jim Kenzig,
>
> AltDesk 1.8 PORTABLE is released!
>
> Let's say you travel a lot, or you have to work on several computers located
> in different offices, or just use Internet cafes or kiosks very often, but
> regardless of that you want your personal registered copy of AltDesk always
> to be at hand. Impossible? Not at all!
>
> Gladiators Software company has released portable version of AltDesk, which
> can be stored on any removable data medium (CD, USB flash drive, etc.) and
> used on any computer you need. Just plug in the removable drive, start
> AltDesk, work (or play:)) and take your AltDesk with you after you finish.
>
> AltDesk is powerful, flexible and easy to use Virtual Desktop Manager for
> Windows.
>
> With AltDesk you'll be able to ease your daily work by managing numerous task
> more efficiently than before. Virtual Desktops technology, implemented in
> AltDesk, allows you to work with a single display nearly as effective as if
> you used several monitors at once. Unlike competing products, AltDesk uses
> icons and thumbnails to represent tasks, which makes task management more
> effective as you can reach any given task in the shortest time. AltDesk
> doesn't use a lot of screen space, you can even hide its window and manage
> Desktops with hotkeys. You can also change program's appearance by applying
> skins, which can be found on our home page.
>
> Our company is very thankful to Mr. Jason Black aka "Liderc", who suggested
> this idea and who helped us greatly with the program testing and polishing,
> for the wonderful job he did.
>
> AltDesk 1.8 PORTABLE can be downloaded here:
>
> http://www.astonshell.com/files/AltDesk_Portable.zip
>
> If you an already registered AltDesk user, you are welcome to download
> AltDesk 1.8 PORTABLE and register it with your key - no need to purchase
> another serial number!
>
> This is an automatic message; no response is necessary.
> --
> Best regards,
> Gladiators Software
> http://www.astonshell.com
>

> --
> Jim Kenzig
> Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
> http://www.thinhelp.com
> [...]

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to escape finding one's self in the ranks of the insane."