[windows2000] Re: Download Pick: AltDesk 1.8 PORTABLE is released!

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:18:32 -0700

Guess I could say the same. Sorta!  Just got back here to San Diego last
evening from Cleveland. Mom is in a nursing home and that is where she
will move on. <sigh>  So spent just under a week there. Seems like
everything East of 55th street is owned and/or operated by Cleveland
Clinic huh? What was also amazing is that they took over the Parker
Hannifin complex further east around the 170th street block of Euclid
Ave. :-O  Makes you wonder just who is paying for all of this? ;-)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:20:34 -0400, "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com"
<jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx> came up with this:

> Hi Guys,
> Back at home for a bit till I go back to the hospital for surgery. Here is my
> download pick of the week, I got this one from Gladiators software whose
> program Altdesk I absolutely adore. It lets you swap desktops in older OS's
> ala Vista. They have released a PORTABLE version. This is great for me, put
> it on the key walk up to a users desktop who has a ton of apps running, plug
> in the key, run up altdesk and switch to a clean desktop, do your stuff and
> then switch back to their desktop and stop Altdesk, their apps stay intact
> and it makes you look like a guru... very cool! Lots of skins available too!
> See below for info:
> Dear Jim Kenzig,
> AltDesk 1.8 PORTABLE is released!
> Let's say you travel a lot, or you have to work on several computers located
> in different offices, or just use Internet cafes or kiosks very often, but
> regardless of that you want your personal registered copy of AltDesk always
> to be at hand. Impossible? Not at all!
> Gladiators Software company has released portable version of AltDesk, which
> can be stored on any removable data medium (CD, USB flash drive, etc.) and
> used on any computer you need. Just plug in the removable drive, start
> AltDesk, work (or play:)) and take your AltDesk with you after you finish.
> AltDesk is powerful, flexible and easy to use Virtual Desktop Manager for
> Windows.
> With AltDesk you'll be able to ease your daily work by managing numerous task
> more efficiently than before. Virtual Desktops technology, implemented in
> AltDesk, allows you to work with a single display nearly as effective as if
> you used several monitors at once. Unlike competing products, AltDesk uses
> icons and thumbnails to represent tasks, which makes task management more
> effective as you can reach any given task in the shortest time. AltDesk
> doesn't use a lot of screen space, you can even hide its window and manage
> Desktops with hotkeys. You can also change program's appearance by applying
> skins, which can be found on our home page.
> Our company is very thankful to Mr. Jason Black aka "Liderc", who suggested
> this idea and who helped us greatly with the program testing and polishing,
> for the wonderful job he did.
> AltDesk 1.8 PORTABLE can be downloaded here:
> http://www.astonshell.com/files/AltDesk_Portable.zip
> If you an already registered AltDesk user, you are welcome to download
> AltDesk 1.8 PORTABLE and register it with your key - no need to purchase
> another serial number!
> This is an automatic message; no response is necessary.
> --
> Best regards,
> Gladiators Software
> http://www.astonshell.com
> --
> Jim Kenzig
> Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
> http://www.thinhelp.com
> [...]

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority,
but to escape finding one's self in the ranks of the insane."

New Site from The Kenzig Group!
Windows Vista Links, list options
and info are available at: