[windows2000] Domain Controller keeps vanishing from Domain List

  • From: Spriggs Jon <Jon.Spriggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:03:55 -0000

Hi all,

Got a bit of an interesting one...

The primary DC on our lan keeps vanishing from a

net view /domain:mine

command. It's also not appearing in the list of available servers in Entire
Network under the mine or shared networks. We rebooted it last week and it
was back in the list then... but it's not now.

Any suggestions? Obviously, it's not critical, as you can still ping, access
terminal services and access the file shares on it, plus it will allow
authentication against the domain, it's just not in the server lists.

Thanks

Jon Spriggs
--
The presence of a "Fujitsu" address does not imply or assume that Fujitsu
Services, Fujitsu or any other company containing the Fujitsu name uses or