[windows2000] Re: Database comparison

  • From: Mike Dillinger <miked@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris Berry <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 16:08:05 -0700

--- Original Message
From: Chris Berry <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, June 05, 2004 at 12:03PM PDT

CB> Cost is definitely a factor, one of the things I'm trying to figure out
CB> is if Oracle will result in less downtime loss.

Here is a list of companies that are using PostgreSQL:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/supportcontracts.php/

That's a pretty impressive list.  I don't think those companies would be
using it if there was even some downtime.

From my experience, PostgreSQL is faster than Oracle as well.  It has
some cool data types I don't recall seeing in MySQL (but I haven't used
MySQL in eons, so they may have them now).

-MikeD