[windows2000] Re: Consensus on OOO-replies to this list

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 15:07:51 -0400

Sorry Jim... I'll go back to Vacation Mode settings when I get one.

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Kenzig
ThinHelp.com
Posted At: Thursday, May 03, 2007 12:02 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: Consensus on OOO-replies to this list
Subject: [windows2000] Re: Consensus on OOO-replies to this list

There is a vacation mode go to //www.freelists.org/list/windows2000
and enter your email address and choose vacation mode on from the drop
down. When you are back do the same but turn vacation mode off.

I would much prefer that if someone feels obligated to be a monitor that
they put the person in vacation mode versus unsubscribing them so it
makes it easier for them to get back on the list when they are back.
Most people simply won't take the time to resubscribe and we could lose
some good members.

And everyone should be vigilant that if they are going on vacation they
should set their subscription to vacation mode...and it is never a good
idea to send OOO replies out to the internet in the first place
actually. There is a simple exchange setting that can be set to prevent
this.

Thanks,
Jim

On 5/3/07, Herchenbach, Jim <jherchenbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        How do you create a ooo rule to not reply to a certain address?
Or does
        the freelists site offer a temporary unsubscribe.

        JIM HERCHENBACH
        RVW Inc.