[windows2000] Re: Client/Server based calendar apps

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:47:33 +0100

I looked into eGroupware a few years ago to use at work for our department. It
seemed to work fine, but the users weren't interested in using it, possibly
due to a crappy user-side interface.

A year or so ago I started with Sharepoint Services and now the users seem to
be more receptive to using a groupware, although it's only for Bookings and as
a general Events holder-together-thing. Might be the integration with Outlook
that was the turning-point now. In any case, the implementation we use
currently is pretty basic; mostly events- and booking-calendars. And of course
my of sub-site I use to log software rollouts and similar.

YMMV as they say. 8-)

  _____