[windows2000] Re: Cisco VPN Client Through ISA Server

  • From: "Tony Lyne" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:57:35 +1300

If you're terminating the VPN internally via a router make sure the internal
Cisco Router is up to the latest version IOS (I think its 12.xx). This will
auto negotiate NAT traversal (I think it does it by default). But to do this
the router on the end must also be of the same 12.xx IOS.

If you're using a VPN client on a workstation to connect through to another
site then you will need to disable NAT on the firewall for TCP Ports being used
for the Cisco VPN usually TCP 10000 (Not sure if ISA has the ability to do this
or not). Don't need to worry about IKE (UDP 500) as the issue here is the AH on
the IPsec packets being changed because of NAT.

Let me know if you need more info.

Tony Lyne
Senior Systems Engineer
Computerland Central
P O Box 1470
PALMERSTON NORTH
Telephone (+64) 06 3537300
Facsimile (+64) 06 3566800
Mobile (+64) 0274 720696
E-mail Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet http://www.computerland.co.nz
CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information that
is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify me immediately and delete all material pertaining to
this e-mail. Thank you.