[windows2000] Backup

  • From: "Wayland Phillips" <wayland.phillips@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:05:45 -0400

Over the past week or so, I've been getting a lot of I/O errors on my home
computer.  I'm thinking that my hard drive might be going down, but I'm not
sure.  If it is crashing, this will be my first HD crash in 8 years.
There's obviously data I want to save before it crashes.  I've got a copy
of Norton Systemworks on my machine, so I was thinking of using Ghost.  But
I don't know if that is the best option at this point, because if I
understand Ghost correctly, I have to load the whole image, and not just
pieces I want to restore. (In case is a problem with Windows and not the
HD.)  And I don't think Microsoft Backup will let me burn the backup to a
CD, though I could be wrong.  Any advice?

Wayland