[windows2000] Re: Antivirus boot disk

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:44:06 -0400

Boot using a Windows 7 boot disk.  When you get to the first opportunity to
click on something, hit shift-F10.  This places you in a command prompt of
an X: disk, which is a RAM disk version of "minwin".  You can access files
on the C: drive.  You can plug in a USB stick, either with a stand-alone
cleaner that doesn't need install, or to copy off important files before you

The alternative is to use Barts-CD (or equivalent) to build your own ram
disk including whatever you need.