[windows2000] Another question about password policies

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <WINDOWS2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:11:03 -0600

According to a Windows 2000 Server book I have, the option "Store Passwords
Using Reversible Encryption" is for Windows 95/98 clients (and Macintosh users,
but I don't have any of those) which need "...to authenticate with a
lower-level encryption".

Is this really true?  Unfortunately, I do have some Win 9x machines out there.

Rod